Welcome to Academic Personnel Services
The mission of Academic Personnel Services is to facilitate the recruitment, advancement and retention of a world-class, diversified faculty and other academic personnel. We accomplish this by providing leadership, training, innovative technology, and guidance to administrators in implementing policies and procedures related to the academic personnel program. We are committed to fostering a high-quality work/life and learning environment to sustain the exceptional teaching, research, patient care, and service provided by UC San Diego academic appointees.
Under the leadership of the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Academic Personnel, the various APS service units (listed at left) perform a wide range of functions for the Executive Vice Chancellor and the entire campus community.
- Click Useful Links for Staff (see left column) for an alphabetical listing of important academic personnel topics and links to detailed information. Be sure to check this resource first whenever you have questions.
- Click Useful Links for Faculty (see left column) for links to information on faculty matters.
- Click the name of an APS service unit in the left column for information on its services. On the service unit's page, a drop-down menu will open in the left column with links to related topics.
- Click Office Contacts at the top of the left column on any page for contact information and details on the responsibilities of each APS staff member.
- Use the Google search box in the upper right corner of each page to search all Academic Affairs Web pages for information on a particular topic.
Academic Personnel Services sends announcements and reminders to campus academic personnel staff via e-mail every month. Items containing information of ongoing relevance have now been compiled in an APS Announcements Archive.
Archived items are arranged in alphabetical order by subject - just click a heading to see the announcement. Links to forms and other information are provided in the text for your convenience.
New items will be added as appropriate.
The following are links to the Academic Personnel On-Line applications:
If you need information about these applications, please visit User Information for AP On-Line.