Housing Assistance Programs for Faculty
The University of California and UCSD offers a variety of housing programs to assist with the recruitment and retention of faculty and senior management group (SMG) employees. The Home Loan Program Coordinator for UCSD is Joanna Mickle. The links below will provide policies and eligibility requirements for these programs.
- Mortgage Origination Program (MOP) - offers a variable interest rate loan, with up to a 40-year term. Eligible participants can take advantage of convenient financing at terms that are generally more attractive than those offered by most lending institutions. Loan rates for this program generally fluctuate less than most indices used by other commercial lenders.
- Faculty Recruitment Allowance Program (FRAP) - a cash payment to assist with the down payment requirement for purchasing a home. Paid as income and is taxable.
- La Jolla Del Sol Apartments - Priority waiting list for general campus faculty at a conveniently located University owned rental community.
- Additional Resources for Staff (requires single sign-on) - find out more information about the procedural administration of MOP and FRAP
Additional Resources for Faculty
- Loan Rate
- Program Administration
- UCSD Information
- San Diego Area Information