Staff Enrichment Program for University Career Exploration
*** The Online Application Module for 2014/15 is now closed ***
EXPLORE YOUR POSSIBILITIES
UExplore is a nine-month (October-June) staff enrichment program designed for early-career and entry-level Academic Affairs, Student Affairs, Research Affairs, and Resource Management & Planning employees.
The mission of UExplore is to assist participants in identifying realistic and appropriate professional development goals, providing them with the tools to make educated decisions regarding their careers.
UExplore accomplishes this goal through a series of half-day workshops that feature:
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) personality sorter assessments
- Overviews of UC San Diego career fields
- Career panels spotlighting professional experts
- Career enrichment presentations focused on goal setting, skills assessment, listening and communication, and career planning
- Self-reflective activities and exercises to create a professional portfolio
Through these workshops, exercises, and relationships, UExplore assists staff in achieving their highest potential as confident, competent and committed members of the UC San Diego community.
COMMENTS FROM UEXPLORERS
“I feel empowered to take strong, strategic steps for my professional and personal growth.”
“UExplore allowed me to devote time to learning about career options and determining what the best fit is for me. At the conclusion of UExplore, I feel I have direction for training and making connections so I am ready when I want to make a transition. This is a wonderful gift for an employer to provide and it can only serve the employee/employer relationship well.”
"The professional development side of the program really serves as a catalyst for the introspection that is necessary to truly ask oneself "What do I want to do with my life?", "What career field would be the best fit for me?" and, ultimately, "What steps do I need to take to get where I want to be?"
“I have a better understanding of how UCSD runs and works as a whole. I have met so many interesting people - great opportunity to network.”
“I am very grateful for the opportunity to participate in this program. I thoroughly enjoyed the sessions, the networking and I appreciate all the valuable information that was presented to us. Thanks to UExplore, I feel more knowledgeable not only about the University and all the resources available to its employees, but also about myself and what the best fit is for me professionally. I am ready to make informed decisions about my career and I look forward to advancing my career at UCSD.”
“The program is an excellent way of assisting entry level employees in career progression, and a great opportunity for introduction into the many various career fields within UC San Diego. I would highly recommend it to those that wish to grow with the UC System.”
“Knowledge of the variety of jobs available at UC will make me stay with UC longer. There is no reason to leave this company (loyalty) when there are opportunities for growth and advancement.”
Click on the above link for information about program activities:
- Welcome Orientation
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- Career Enrichment Explorations
- Career Panels
- Your Professional Portfolio
Click on the above link for information about:
- Application and Selection Process
- Is UExplore for You?
- Minimum Eligibility Criteria
- Submission Deadlines
- Training and Development Policies
BROCHURES & FLYERS
- Introducing UExplore (2014-15 Brochure)
- UExplore: You have roots here, now grow with us. (2014-15 Flyer)
- Selection Committee 2014-2015
- Selection Committee 2012-2013
- Selection Committee 2010-2011
- Selection Committee 2009-2010
- Program Committee 2008-2009
- Additional Campus Partners
- UExplore Participants 2010-2011
- UExplore Participants 2009-2010
- UExplore Participants 2008-2009
- UExplore Guest Presenters 2008-2009
- Resources for Existing Participants
Please note: The mission of UExplore is to assist participants in identifying realistic and appropriate career and professional development goals. UExplore is not a training program and is not intended to be a guarantee towards a future promotion or interview for a future position.